April-August 2026
I got so bogged (blogged?!) down in catching up on the big events—Cal's birth, our Africa trip, Utah vacation, Aub's mission, etc.—that I wasn't able to write about some other pretty important things. I actually love documenting some of the day-to-day happenings because those are the things that are so easy to forget.
Well, my chance to document the day-to-day from April until now has passed. However, I'm going to post some pictures and comment on some of the happenings along the way.
Brinley graduated with her Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology in June, but walked at graduation in April. I am incredibly proud of her. She started her new job in the Nebo School District a couple of weeks ago and will be working two days a week.
Derek graduated in December with a teaching degree in history, but also walked in April. I am proud of him as well, but haven't been invested in his education all of his life. He recently began teaching English at Delta Middle School. (Shout out to Colleen and Thayne who are helping with Cal while Brinley works, and also opened their home so Bryn and Derek can save money for a home.)
 |
| April 2026 |
And speaking of Cal...he has hit a lot of baby milestones the past several months. (smiling, babbling, rolling, lauging, trying solid foods and more)
Taco Villa Monday on Wednesday is alive and well. I'm very grateful to my parents for creating traditions that allow us opportunities to remain close as an extended family.
 |
| Grandpa Vore (my dad), Char, Brit, Braddock, Becca, Aubrey, Erin & Megan |
 |
| Char and Aubrey |
So much cousinly love.
 |
| Gracie and Kaide |
Brian and I were able to enjoy a weekend trip to Dallas to relax, see the musical Wicked, and pop in on the Merkley family.

|
| Beck, Brian M, Griffin, Sutton, Perry, Blair, me and Bri |
Brinley and Derek made the drive to Lafayette, California to spend a weekend with Grandma and Grandpa Gwilliam. Eric (Bri's brother) and a few of his kids were in town too so it was an extra bonus. (Maci and Bryn were good friends growing up and especially throughout their BYU years.)
 |
| Jack, Cal & Maci |
Our nephew Logan Fontaine got engaged.
We had a pretty big surprise when Kaide and family stopped by to share a picture....
 |
| (This was taken at the other grandparents' house...I was so surprised, I fogot to snap one!) |
Also, on July 4th they had Kaide kick a soccer ball to reveal the gender of the baby. He was really confused when the ball broke in half, blue dye exploded and everyone was clapping and cheering. Soon though, he was excitedly spreading the news.
Later that evening he told Britney, who had no idea they were expecting, "Hey Britney, I kicked a ball and made a baby brother." She was like, "What?! Erin Noel! Do you have something to tell us?!" She also said, "Really....so that's how babies are made, huh."
I hosted another bookclub, and we made bookmarks while discussing the book. I also had a few RS friends come help me put together the Father's Day gifts for the men and young men at church.
 |
| Shari, me, Kara, Tyler |
 |
| Erin Noel |
I had fun making tags, baking brownies and especially gathering with friends to put them together.
 |
| Tyler, Debbie, & Janet |
Loved celebrating my dad and Brian for Father's Day. They area the best of the best.
I LOVE that Tanner, Erin and Kaide live just a couple of miles away. We get together every Sunday night for dinner, FHE and Sunday night gatherings at the Birds. It's also fun to see them throughout the week. I help with Kaide some while Erin is at school, and Tanner will often come over one week night or on Saturday mornings.
Erin is working her tail off in nursing school, and I am so impressed with her focus and dedication. She was recently released as a counselor in the Primary and called to serve as the Young Women Secretary. She’s pretty amazing, and I hope she doesn’t overdo it trying to juggle all the balls in her life.
Kaide turned four, and his parents through him a big swim party with lots of family and friends to celebrate.
My mom is "hanging in there." People often ask me how she is doing, which is very sweet. It's always a little hard to know how to answer. One time I heard my dad smile and say, "She's hanging in there," and I've found myself using that explanation often since.
This was one of her clearer moments. She picked up the phone and was having quite the conversation with whoever she thought was on the other end. I appreciate being able to go over almost everyday to love on her.
 |
| Visiting w/ her oldest grandchild, Adam |
Parker did summer term at BYUI. He is a man who likes to be busy. On top of school, his calling (counselor in the bishopric) and trips with friends, he has also been working at a custom cabinet shop. Our niece and her family live in St. Anthony, and her husband, Levi, hooked him up with the family business. Parker has enjoyed working with Levi and getting more experience that goes along with his major: Construction Management.
 |
| Parker (in the orange hat) and friends at a concert |
 |
| Park's been getting more into golf the past year. |
Braddock started home MTC in July, and then headed to his mission in Modesto, California.
 |
| Left-right/back row: Adam Vore, Adam, Hudson, Braddock and Britney Bird, me and Brian, Erin, Tanner, Grandpa Vore Front row: Lincoln Vore, Charlotte Bird, Christian Vore, Ella Bird, Kaide |
My dad was released in August from his two year service mission teaching BYU Pathway Institute classes. He taught online religion classes to students in Mexico, West Africa, Central America, and the southwest United States.
Ella, 11, was asked to speak in Stake Conference on why having faith in Jesus Christ is important. She prepared her own talk and did a phenomenal job.
This little guy...what can a Gigi say? I need him/them to live closer!
Fun to have my happy helper nearby.
And my Hermana Gwilliam. I love this girl. I know how hard it was for me to adjust to being a missionary in the States—and I was speaking English! I can't even imagine how difficult it is to adjust to missionary life AND learn another language, culture, and country.
I look forward to reading her letters and talking to her every Monday. She is doing good things in the Argentina Buenos Aires South Mission.
 |
| With her trainer Hermana Nalder |
 |
| With her 2nd comp in the field, Hermana Costa |
No comments:
Post a Comment