Sunday, May 10, 2026

A Little Cheesy, But I’ll Take It.

September 2026

I've used ChatGPT more and more over the past few months—for proofreading blog posts, researching health information, helping with seminary handouts and object lessons, organizing my thoughts, and answering all kinds of everyday tech and tax questions. At this point, I feel like it probably has a pretty good window into my life. So when I saw one of those “Ask ChatGPT” posts, I decided to give it a try—even though it felt a little cringey/cheesy to actually do it. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 If you wrote a book about me, what would the last page say?

The last page wouldn’t say that she accomplished everything she hoped to accomplish. It would say something better:

She loved people well.

She gathered her family around tables, on porches, in mountain homes, and across long distances. She remembered the little things—the stories, the birthdays, the favorite treats, the moments worth writing down. She worried sometimes that she wasn’t doing enough, but the people she loved never measured her life that way. They measured it in phone calls, thoughtful questions, carefully planned gatherings, handwritten notes, and the unmistakable feeling that they mattered to her.

She spent her life learning, creating, teaching, serving, laughing, and trying again. Her faith was not simply something she believed; it was woven through the way she lived. She pointed others toward light, often without realizing how much light she carried herself.

And when all the photographs had been taken and all the stories had been told, the people gathered around her would know one thing for certain:

Because Erin was here, they felt more loved.

And that was the beautiful story of her life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll take it. That would be a beautiful way to be remembered. I might just have to save this for my obituary.😉

No comments: