May 2026
We did it—we survived family pictures! There may have been a little grumpiness along the way, but everyone showed up, smiled (mostly), and we got them done.
Coordinating outfits is always harder than it should be. I originally planned to wear khaki linen pants, but once I saw everyone together, I decided we had too many different shades of light-colored linen pants. So I changed into a backup outfit I packed. Meanwhile, Brian thought I wanted him to wear jeans and was a little frustrated with me because that was what he had brought. He ended up going out and buying slacks instead. There were complaints, adjustments and compromises from others as well. Family pictures really bring out the best in everyone!
Our photographer also kept trying the trendy “everyone look at someone and laugh” pose. Let’s just say our group was not about it. Fake, spontaneous laughter made everyone cringe.
The setting was beautiful, and I was happy with how the pictures turned out—although I’m not sure anyone else loved them quite as much as I did. But honestly, if we get one good-enough picture of the whole group, I call that a win.
| Brinley is a beautiful momma! |
| All of Kaide's individual photos were adorable. |
![]() |
| This one turned out good but it felt weird without Erin and Derek. |
![]() |
| Yeah for Grandpa Vore who snapped this gem! |
| I love this one with our grands...even if Cal was not so sure. |
Mostly, I’m just glad we made it happen before Aubrey left on her mission. Whatever grumpiness it took to get everyone there was worth having these pictures of our family all together.




No comments:
Post a Comment